Sunday, January 9, 2011

I was just having a memory flash of a time when Jim and I were new, and one of the reasons I fell n love with him.
I was working for Holly Poultry and had to go to Newark NJ for a few days. Jim was living in DE but decided to drive up and stay over night with me at the hotel.
It was a crazy evening starting with the fact that I actually saw him drive past the hotel from my window, then make a U turn to get on to the parking lot. I didn't really expect him to come. I was so excited to see him. It made the trip an adventure.
After kisses and hugs and,well, you know , in the room, we were ready for some dinner. The hotel had a restaurant but Jim didn't relish that idea, so we ventured out on our own to find a place to eat.
By this time it was dark and, Newark NJ is not known for its hospitality and tourist attractions. Jim started driving towards what we thought was the city Somehow we ended up in a bad neighborhood (not hard to do) and saw flashing lights and yellow tape.
It was a crime scene for real, and cops were everywhere.
When one walked over to the car, Jim rolled down the window and asked him where a good restaurant was. Without blinking an eye, the officer gave us directions to a great Italian Bistro which was not more than 1/2 mile away.
We had a fabulous meal and couldn't stop laughing!

No comments: