Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just returned home after an extended stay in Atlanta playing Mema and trying to assist in the new baby/new job/new hours transition.
After a few days of adjustment things went rather smoothly I think with the best part being bonding with Gustav and meeting Greta, of course. I even slipped out to catch a movie and, of course grocery shop. I enjoy going to different stores just to see what is new and different and of course to stock up on some things I must have in my larder if I am going to cook for 3 weeks.
I also traveled to Gabe's new theater and saw "The Artist" before the Oscars.
The last week, I spent a few days with Debbie, my former accomplice from the Golden Arm days, and stayed with her in Norcross for 2 nights. We spent our time perusing cookbooks, eating, having martinis and shopping in second hand stores. I wish we lived closer together because we really do enjoy the same things. She is a whiz at garage sales and has made some great buys, not that she needs to. We had a great time and spent our last day at the DeKalb farmers market which is a paradise for foodies like us.
I was fortunate to not overbuy there and I was very clever packing my suitcases. TSA searched my big luggage, which has been done before , probably because I had a bottle of Grand Marnier, Rice wine vinegar and sweet chili sauce packed along with a large pizza pan and some other suspicious looking stuff like a brick of arborio rice and packaged herbs. I can just imagine what it looked like on the ex ray....major drug dealer...
As usual, there is no place like home and I am happy to be back on my turf again. I'm still tired but content and happy to be here with Jim and the kitties...We have a lot of decisions to make in the coming months. He must get this transplant done so that we can move forward in a positive direction.
The weather has been so dreary for the most part and I an hoping we have a real spring and not jump into 90o temps. I have many thing to do.

No comments: