Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday morning
Woke up slowly after a restless night's sleep. The mornings are rough for me as I still have that fear of coming downstairs to face whatever occurred during the night, then remembering that Jim is gone.
This morning I missed the Sunday morning ritual of his making the coffee and maybe going out to buy the Sunpaper.
These were some of our finest days. We would watch the morning talk shows, have a big breakfast and he would honker down for a day of sports events on TV. and I would piddle around in the kitchen planning dinner and later working on the crossword puzzle while watching Lifetime TV or a movie.
These are the moments when I loved our life together the most. The quiet times with no stress or distress.
I had many dreams last night and in one, we had gone out for dinner and the waitres couldn't find our check. I waited for her to produce it while he went out to the car to wait. There was still some problem and I told her I needed to pay it immediately because my husband wasn't feeling well, well actully I said he was dead......very strange...and the meal was unreasonably expensive.