Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jim and I had dinner Tuesday night with 2 old friends from High school. Irene, who was my best friend and his Girl friend, and BJ , who was also one of our pals. She and Jim were voted MOST FUN LOVING.

They made a special trip to see Jim because we missed our 45th re union when he was in the hospital. Irene also was here to visit her sister who lives nearby in Millsboro.

Irene is currently living in California with her husband. They have moved many times with his Company, from Manhattan, to Boston to Denver and now south of LA.
BJ lives in Harford County with her husband. Everyone has children and Grand children, including me:-)
We had a great time reminiscing and laughing about old times, and sharing our stories of a 45 year gap.. the good, the bad and the ugly.
It provoked a lot of old feelings and memories of the past, all the double dates we went on, days we hooked school together, making out at the drive in, our trips tp OC. I even took the Trailways Bus to College Park on Friday after work, to spend the weekend with Irene and Jim at UofM. Then we drifted apart and into our own worlds. I did see Jim occasionally after I was married, but he also disappeared and turned up at our 30th reunion.
I hope they stay in touch with us now that we have connected again.

No comments: