Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Atlanta Trip

I am really getting excited to see the baby He is so cute and cuddly. And that Gabe, such a Daddy.( Can you imagine Pop Pop being that involved? ) It made him seem more real when I saw the moving pictures. He is adorable even if he does have a weird name :-).


If it weren't for David Sedaris appearing on Sunday, I would have changed my reservations, but I didn't want to leave Jim stranded with 2 tickets and no one that we know who has ever heard of him.


So I still plan on arriving on Tuesday and staying with the new parents. Debbie said to let her know when I can stay with her but she is having other company from the 14th to the 17th so those days are out. She also called to see if I wanted to take a cooking class with Ingrid Hoffman from the Food Network on the 9th , her treat, but I thought it was too soon to rush off so I declined and opted for another massage instead later in the visit. Such a Sacrifice :-)


Also my favorite Chef and Heartthrob, Tom Collichio from Top Chef is holding a class,( which sold out in 30 minutes,) but unfortunately it is the day after I leave. He is opening a new restaurant called Craft in the Mansion on Peachtree.http://www.craftrestaurant.com/ Deb assurred me that she would go to the book signing and get me a copy of his new cookbook.

I also promised to teach her how to make Sour Beef while I'm there. That should be fun .We are such kitchen mavens. We should reprise the old English Cooking Show, Two Fat Ladies. One of us needs to buy a motorcycle with a side car.

No comments: