Wednesday, February 4, 2009



Ah..February.
Can be the last cold month of winter or not.
I am anxious to get on with Spring as are most people who don't ski or snowboard.
I am also trying to not let the economy be an issue, but we are applying for a Home equity loan to get some home improvements done.
We have ceramic tile for the kitchen and TV room, are hoping to replace the counter top and sink, and put an island in where the kitchen table is.
We would also like to change the the flooring in the LR and DR. and Maybe get a new fancy washer and dryer!

Personally, I am going through some restoration as well.
I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder last week which helped with the pain from when I fell on it in Dec. I had my knees x-rayed, and they showed osteo arthritis in both patellas. I am getting shots (not the same thing) for them next week and started P.T. on Tuesday. There was an old man in the training room going on about Gitmo and how the prisoners should all be shot in the head when they are released, and then started quoting Rush Limbaugh, his hero. It was hilarious. He even hated the Indians (Native Americans) because, get this, they killed our soldiers. When I reminded him, politely, that they were here first he said they had no deeds to prove it. Well just shoot me in the head for being so liberal! Don't these people even want to "Get It?"
I really dislike this aging process. The wisdom that comes with it is great, but of course all in hindsight. By the time you learn the tricks, you're too stiff to roll over.

No comments: