Thursday, March 5, 2009



Belated Birthday Blog


I can't believe how quickly time passes even though I have had moments in my life that I thought would never end, both good and bad.

So many routine days that now, looking back, are precious memories. Baby's first word or step, family dinners, Holiday Feasts. A best friend to see every day and confide in, a fun weekend with girlfriends, campouts, family vacations, PTA meetings, cookouts. Ordinary things that become extraordinary in my mind with the passing of years.



So many of these are lost when a relationship ends. Friends go one way or the other, families divide, responsibilites shift

The circle changes to accommodate a new job, or place, or a new partner .


Another family to meet, children to accept, friends you hope like you.

I am envious of my friends who have ridden the waves of marriage and are still together after many years and yes, there are a few
They have a common bond to lean on, being the parents of the same kids with the same values, experiences and expectations. There is a continuity to their lives that I have never experienced.

Family has always been my mainstay and now the top layers have all crumbled.







I am the Matriarch, my Brother the Patriarch and we each have our own little families.




I am now A Grandmother for the first time and it is wonderful.

Jim and I have been together for almost 15 years so we are writing our own continuing story
It is good.







1 comment:

The Wardells said...

What a beautiful and poignant post! The best is yet to come...