Friday, August 21, 2009

If only you got to know me, you'd be sorry for all the missed opportunities we had to share our hopes and fears .
If only you tried to know me, you would see how funny I can be, witty and compassionate, and what a strong shoulder I have to cry on.
If you even made an effort to know me you would see what a loyal friend I am and a worthy companion to spend time with.
If only you knew me you would know that my heart is as wide as the sea, and as open, but fragile and easily broken,
If you really knew me you would be aware of the hardships I have survived, the courage I have had to muster and the accomplishments I have acheived.
If only....... you wanted to......

3 comments:

Paula said...

Such tender and heartfelt words, Leslie. I'm sorry things are difficult for you right now. I can sympathize with your plea. I wish things were different - so many things - but I guess focusing on things I can't change is wasting time and energy. I wish you happiness and fulfillment, Leslie, one day at a time. Tight hug!

Unknown said...

Thanks Paula.
I am so glad that we met. It's nice to have validation for my feelings.

Paula said...

I'm glad we met too. See you in Birmingham!