Monday, July 27, 2009

Changing My Life

Another Monday in Paradise.

I promised myself that I would start making changes in my life starting today. There are so many things wrong, it's hard to pick a starting point. Here are my thoughts.

# 1 Lose weight,

Options, obviously dieting, weight watchers?, Alli? Acai?

#2 Exercise...swimming is great but I can't stand up in the surf or get up if I fall

Nag Jim into putting our pool up. Try to use this thing Jim bought for me that you kneel on, with my 2 bad knees ????

#3 Read more..well I started Julie and Julia last night and actually digested 50 pages, and I was really sleepy...I love it

#4 Continue disposing of accumulated items that are no longer of service. Luckily, we have Goodwill Store nearby

#5 Find something outside of the house to do ie work, take a course at Del Tech., volunteer.
I need to meet new people and start living my life and spending time with someone with similar interests. I want my independence back.

Gotta go, busy day

3 comments:

The Wardells said...

Leslie, I'm so proud of you for making a list of goals. The fun part will be your journey to meeting those goals. I always think of you as that spunky single mom who I met 15 (?) years ago, living independently after your sons flew the nest. At the time, you were really into interior design and it seemed like every time I went over, you had redone a room.

You've paid your dues and now it's your time!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

It's funny, I have the exact same goals (plus a few more). You know, I quit smoking seven years ago and it was the hardest behavioral change I've ever made. Yet, there's something about stopping something that you're currently doing that is much different than starting doing things that you're not currently doing (exercising, eating right, etc).

You know, Gabe made a comment not too long ago, when we were at Silverdocs that has given me a little kick in the ass. (Don't tell him tho) I don't really remember the exact circumstances now, but I know it was about me having to wait for him and when he arrived he had said he went to work out in the hotel gym because, even though we were on some sort of time crunch, he wanted to work out in the gym because he hated the thought of having use of a gym and not using it.

Well, I then felt like a complete slacker, but his statement has kinda resonated with me. I do have access to a gym. I actually fricken pay a monthly fee for the access, yet I don't take advantage of it. So, I'm gonna change that behavior. I have no reason NOT to go to the gym - several times per week. So, I'm going every day after work. And, if I can't go after work, because of an event or screening, then I'm going to make an effort to go before work. It's all about the show-up factor, right?

So, maybe we can encourage each other and make sure we're following through with the goals. Altho, I am gonna try to focus on only a couple at a time - that way I don't feel overwhelmed and just give up.

(Sorry, didn't mean to write a blog on your blog.) ;)

Oh, and I agree with Trin - it is your time!