Monday, September 22, 2008

Three stories

1
OK,
2 girlfriends from my past, both married, Catholic schooled ,retired and living in Fla. One sends me an offensive E mail quoting something out of Revelations about evil and how that personifies Barach Obama. I mailed it back and asked her not to send any more political material.
Later on I received a very funny U-TUBE showing McCain changing his mind on issues, and looking very old and non presidential. I sent it to my other friend who replied Thank God, I thought I was all alone on this!! Apparently she was in a group of eight women who all thought that Palin was a wonderful choice. She was appalled. Ironically I thought she might be opposed to the Dems because of the abortion issue etc. I also sent it to the other friend, somewhat out of retaliation who promptly replied that I should honor my own request , which I did. Now I haven't heard from her at all. Does McCain believe that women will vote for someone because she has the same plumbing? She is undoing all the progress that we have made based on our merits. Apparently in Florida this tact works.

2 This past weekend was Sunfest in OC so Jim and I drove down to 28th st and rode the boardwalk train to the inlet. There were thousands of people there, live bands, lots of crafts and food vendors. We had a traditional oyster fritter sandwich, some fried clams and a roast beef sandwich. We walked around a bit but it was so crowded that you could barely move inside the tents so we rode back up the planks to the car. It was a beautiful day and fun to people watch. I felt a bit naked with so few piercings and no tattoos but I managed. Plus, it always cheers me up to see so many fat people. As my Friend Rocky would say, A humpback doesn't smile until he sees another humpback :-)

3 Jim's cousins, John and Paul Shepherd drove down for the day and went to lunch with us on Monday. Paul lives in Ellicott City, retired from AT&T and now has a home business. His wife, Michelle teaches art. John just retired from Mercer where he was a biology professor. He and his wife Becky live in Argentina although she is working in Colorado this summer as a park ranger. We had a great Mexican lunch and lively discussion. I always enjoy seeing them even though it is usually a funeral that brings everyone together. John is especially interesting because of his life style, very laid back. He sympathized when I told him about Prego in Hotlanta with cankles. He agreed that it was hot In Macon. I think they wanted to see Jim after they heard about his illness.

1 comment:

The Wardells said...

That's wonderful that Jim was able to see his cousins in a non-funeral environment!