Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Whoops!!!

To anyone who tried to make the pasta salad I apologize. In an attempt to list the ingredients, the major one was accidentally omitted, which is a cucumber.

Iknow that many cooks leave something out of a recipe on purpose, but I didn't do that. Please try it again.





CORK SCREW SALAD

1 Medium cucumber, chopped (do not peel)

1 1/2 Cups vinegar

2 Teasp. prepared mustard

1 Teasp. dried parsley or 1 Tbsp. fresh

1 medium onion, chopped

1 Cup sugar, or more to taste

1 Teasp. pepper

1 Teasp. salt


Blend these together in a blender until liquified.

Cook 1 #spiral pasta in salt water until al dente. Rinse well and drain.

Pour liquid mixture over and mix well .

Add 1/4 cup oil and refrigerate overnight



Meanwhile, I voted today in a primary election for Governor. The polling place was DEAD! The ladies who were working said they expect a big crowd in November. I surely hope so.


I had my first Grandmother moment the other day when I ordered some baby clothes on line. It was just an impulse but it was also a revelation.....OMG this is really happening!!!


BTW anyone who wishes to sponsor Jim's Daughter, Joell , in her 60 mile hike for Breast Cancer can do so by contributing via this link

No comments: