Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good Day

I had a good day today in spite of the dreariness and cold that has been upon Delaware for the last week.
The sun came out, it warmed up and I finaly made it to the salon for a cut and color..$31 at the beauty school.
The fun part was meeting with Jenn Link, my ex boyfriend Carl's oldest daughter,
Jenn said it had been 12 years, but I think it's been longer since we last saw each other.
She was in OC for a conference and we arranged to have lunch together. She is now married, lives in Fallston with her husband and 2 adorable daughters.
We talked about everything like we had just seen one another yesterday.
Carl is still living in Wilmington, NC, He visits once a year and spends time with his old friends, who he misses dearly. She would really love for him to move back to Baltimore so he would be closer.
I have a lot of respect for Jenn, She has worked and lived on her own since high school, selling insurane (currently health insurance). She bought a house by herself when she was in her 20;s. She has always been focused on her career and family and has had her share of bad relationships.
What really made me laugh wss when she said, " I told Dad he should have married You".
And When I described my relationship with my now step daughters she exclaimed, " Don't like You, I Loved you.:
Now that made me smile!

No comments: