Thursday, August 21, 2008

Engagement

I was listening to NPR the other day and I heard that sex without a condom is the new engagement ring...Hmmm.. if that is true I must have had more fiances' than I thought. Cheap bastards!!
I did have ring once, and it was quite beautiful and unusual. It was designed to fit together inside the wedding band.
I loved looking at it sparkling on my finger, even though I am self conscious of my nails, (or lack there of) . It was a reminder of the love we shared and the commitment we were hoping to make to one another. I returned it when I realized that the relationship was never going to work out and that Love wasn't enough to keep it together.

When Jim *proposed* to me he didn't present me with a ring. Believe it or not, he took me for a weekend to Chestertown MD. where he proceeded to purchase us burial lots in Old St Paul's Church Cemetery where his entire family has been interred for centuries. Talk about a long term commitment. And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend.

1 comment:

The Wardells said...

This made me laugh! Jimmy is so funny! It's funny how guys think. I didn't get a ring either, just a cast iron block with a ring etched on it. However, Gabe did buy me a house:-)