Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Dentist

I think I have finally found a new dentist. My first appointment was yesterday. The office is in Berlin, MD. best known for the movie "Runaway Bride".

At the risk of sounding trite, it is a *sleepy* little town off of RT. 113, close to Ocean Pines and only 12 miles or so from home. The dental practice is inside an old brick building with a glass store front on a tree lined street with a brick sidewalk. I thought for a moment that I may have time traveled to Mayberry RFD, but once I stepped inside, alas, the TV mounted in the corner had on CNN (but not the sound,) and pleasant music from cirrius radio was playing. Pretty watercolor paintings. lined the walls with tiny price tags and large prices, mostly pictures of the town and some of the beach.
At any rate, I liked the hygienist and dentist very much and the initial consultation was at least $100 less than I had been paying, and that included some xrays. I was also fond of Dr. James, but her Bethany Beach prices were outrageous and her attitude the last time I saw her really ticked me off. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to make a change. I can't have my chipped tooth fixed until October so that is my fault.
Baby Wardell sent me a thank you note today. I was so excited to hear from him. He is looking forward to riding in his new pram which G POP Sanders and I sent him. I can't wait to see him sitting in it!!
BTW I really have to recommend the book I am reading once again. ANIMAL,VEGETABLE, MIRACLE. The more I get into it the more amazing it is to read about how our food is genetically engineered, even the seeds that we plant in our own gardens. The book is written as a story by the author, with more factual info inserted by her husband who is an environmentalist, and her daughter who comments on her reactions and observations to their life style changes. It is beyond eye opening.



1 comment:

The Wardells said...

THanks for the book recommendation! I need something to read.