Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday,

Beau had an appointment this morning and is now finished with his shots. He is a whopping 4+ pounds and
has that 12 # Mouse Cat on the run.
I told Dr. Jimmy that I think he found his *wee wee * already so we will be having him neutered in October when he is 6 months.

I made my plane reservations to Atlanta to be there for the Baby and the new family. I am looking forward to meeting my new Grandson. I'm sure he will be beautiful and smart. He can't miss!!

I've also made plans to accompany my Brother and his wife on a day trip to follow the Escape Route of John Wilkes Booth. I recently read MANHUNT, my book club choice for April, and found it so interesting that I actually tracked his path on a map of Md and VA. Apparently the Smithsonian sponsors an all day trip to do the same so we are going on Nov.8. I loaned David the book which he liked very much and he has been wanting to do the trip for years.

I Segundo's blog tmentioned me this morning . Thanks for the compliment. I will try not to embarrass you.:-

Our grass is really in need of cutting, but ever since Charles (our 75 year old gardener) got a DUI it has been a chore to get him over here. We both ride over to his place, Jim drives his truck over here and he does our lawn. Then he loads the riding mower onto the truck, Jim drives over to Betty's and he cuts hers. Then we do the whole thing in reverse. He's really slipping in the edging dept. these days. I don't think his vision is the best. It's difficult for us to manage all of this with Jim's treatment schedule and appointments If I could drive the truck it would help but it is a raggedy ass thing with a clutch that barely works. I don't know how much longer he will be without his license but I'm sure this summer will be over. Poor Charles

1 comment:

The Wardells said...

I wonder what you thought of Segundo's blog! Why should he be the only one in the family to have a blog?