Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January Blahs

Yes, it is that time of year for the blahs. Christmas is a memory and my Birthday is too far off to get excited about.
There is Valentine's day, but that is no fun without chocolate. I had a bad weigh in last week and due to this bronchitis I am having and tending to my bad knee, I fear I haven't gotten much exercise this week.
At least I am getting an MRI to see if there is torn cartiledge so maybe there is some relief in the future.
Jim and I also had a meeting at his office last week with the health insurance brokers who are trying to help him ease into Medicare. It was reassuring to know that Joe, the owner, is concerned about Jim's options, even though it may cost the company more in the long run. The really good news is that I can stay on the plan by myself for the next year if Jim switches over. The big problem is the infamous "donut hole" which essentially is a $3000 loophole in the prescription coverage, in addition to the premiums for supplemental insurance.
The Health insurance industry is really booming.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ugh! All of that does give ya the blahs! Sorry you have to go through all of that. How'd the MRI turn out?

Health care is so messed up. Sometimes, I think people should migrate to London for their later years instead of Florida - because health care is one thing they wouldn't have to worry about.

I got a Wii and also got the Fit Plus game. I've been using it and really like all of the different focus areas (strength, balance, etc). I like it. Now if I can just keep it up..... (that's what she said). ;)

Keep writing, Leslie.