Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rain and thunderstorms perfect day for me. It is the Saturday after my reunion and I have been ill for most of the week.
 I seen to have acquired an upper respiratory infection which is also affecting my sinuses, throat and left eye..
 I just dropped Jim off at Dialysis so I have some time for myself. I have been sleeping a lot since I was given a cough syrup with codeine, but i cannot take it during the day time when I have to drive.
 I've had no appetite other than cold fruit and beverages with ice, As of yesterday I was still running a temp over 101o but my Doc was looking out for me by not prescribing an antibiotic, therefore protecting me from the Cdif which Jim is still struggling with.
 But before I go lie down for a while, I must day that I had a good time at the reunion.. Certainly missed some people who weren't there and surely missed some who were.
 I heard one classmate state that this was the best one yet, but the most difficult in recognizing face as they had changed so much.
 It was fun to reconnect first on the elementary school level with kids I went all through the system from the 3rd grade on, old friends I had re met when I was with Carl, and new FB friends. I have met through our class website..
 I also was grateful for a very frank conversation with a fellow classmate who gave me really good advice about my situation with Jim. It did nor fall on deaf ears.
 In looking around my house, I have lots of living things...Plants I have rescued from dying restaurants, one from 30 years ago, a few I've had for 20...I have 3 loving cats inside, and a feral whom I recently started let sleep in the Laundry room.
 I am trying to focus on that and not the stench of illness in the other rooms...the Cdif. the wound dressing.
I will try to do this...

No comments: