Friday, May 31, 2013

Well, it is official, I am a widow.
 I would much prefer to have my husband back when he was vital  but I really can't remember when that was..I don't know how else to say it but I am grateful that he is gone.....
 The ESRD started 5 years ago. That itself was a life changing event but we re adjusted and he still lived a viable life as a salesman and worked his meetings around his schedule.He couldn't understand why other patients complained so much..
 Everyone knows what followed that...the Fall 2 years ago , the long road back from the seizures and PT, ST and OT. At one time he could not sequence events , put things in order, that was his Forte, Math in his head estimating on the spot...BUT he was improving...
 That started coming back when the burn happened.. Once again His reluctance to see a Dr about it was an issue ...It is hard to drag a grown man  into a car for medical attention...
 By the time it was initially seen by his PCP, ( I thought it was Shingles) he referred us to the Beebe wound Care center..
.The story continues with many debridements, , a flap surgery, Pseudomonas infection antibiotics  causing C diff  becoming chronic with totally un affordable medication available .$1600 for 10 days of oral meds...
 My Husband's body wore out waiting for help...God Bless America and thank you  Jim, My Dear, for stroking out and not suffering anymore...I love you, I miss You ..but I have missed you for a long  long time.
 Love the good times with you...I think I always loved you because you made me laugh..everyday.


No comments: