Friday, July 19, 2013

I really feel tired today. I have been doing housecleaning and hung some curtains the other day to brighten up the TV room. The floor is hard and getting up and down on a ladder isn't as easy as it once was so my legs are achy from that.
 I also got some errands done like getting extra keys made and buying larger pots for my re potting project happening in the living room, as well as stopping at the bank and taking care of paperwork for insurance and Tax purposes. Even though these are simple tasks, they exhaust me. I also saw Dr G yesterday and shared with her the great experience I had with the support group. I think we got through the entire session with no tears. Now that I have had some space, I am allowing myself to remember some of Jim's not so good traits and accept them as well. I know he was no saint and I want to remember him for the real person he was.
 I am learning a lot from them and the Facilitator and that all of my feelings are normal symptoms of grief..so I am trying to accept my fatigue and forgiving myself for not getting everything done that I plan in a day.
 Taking care of myself is something I've never been good at doing so this is an adventure of sorts...#1 finding out WHO I am, and how to fix me. I am certainly hoping yo make some new friends from this group.
 Hopefully today I will find the energy to haul lots of Jim's papers up to Millsboro for a shredding event at the credit union. I have boxes of old reports and such to dispose of.
 I had a disturbing dream last night, I was in some sort of a facility with other women and had a room with 2 or 3 roommates. That seemed acceptable to me  Then I was moved to a large room full of women and given space on the floor with them. It was like a homeless shelter. I dare say it scared me but them I remembered that I had not taken my Trazadone which I normally do at night. It keeps the bad dreams away and relieves the nighttime anxiety. :-)

No comments: