Monday, January 30, 2012

Trying to get the household in order before my upcoming trip to Atlanta. I have been freezing prepared food for Jim so he doesn't feel compelled to eat cheesesteak subs all the time.:-) There is an assortment of home made soups, stew, pasta sauce with meatballs, chicken pot pie and stuffed peppers( one of his faves)in addition to an array of canned goods and a well stocked freezer with beef patties and hot dogs.


I've paid the bills for February and have typed some business contracts for him.


I have lined up deposit slips and coupons for his convenience. I have filled all necessary prescriptions for both of us


Now I have to concentrate on my own chores...packing and such, deciding how much and how little I really need to take. I have time.


I spent a lot of time last week watching "The Tudors" marathon, so dark and exciting....I was mesmerized . I've always been interested in that period of reformation in the church. I still can't figure out why Henry disliked the Lutheran "Heretics" so much while he was, in essence, doing the same thing to the Catholic Church, and persecuting to thise who abided by the Pope.


The politics remains the same today, with secret alliances and favoritism. I guess we never really learn from these mistakes, and Greed rules, be it religious or private, or Corporate.


Now I have started to watch "John Adams" and the same type violence has appeared in the first episode with a very graphic tar and feathering scene. It was as horrific and disturbing as the beheadings and hangings of the 15th century. Amazing the ways man finds ways to torture and kill one another. Evil is Evil, no matter what the outcome.

No comments: